Professional Staff - MC
- Meet with your Benefits Manager in Human Resources to review and enroll for benefits.You will also meet with a Human Resources representative to complete the following employment forms:
- Obtain campus computer account access.Your campus computer account will be available to you through the Computing & Technology Services Office located in Stillman Hall.
- Meet your supervisor and co-workers.Get to know the people you will be working with and join them for lunch.Try to learn the names of at least four of your co-workers by the end of the day.
- Tour work area and building.Get to know your workplace as well.This includes the mail room, break room, emergency exit, restrooms, and parking location.
- Parking: If you drive to campus, you will need to obtain an employee parking tag at University Police.University Police is located on the first floor of Van Housen Extension.You will need your license plate number.After completion of proper form and payment, you will receive your parking tag.
- Obtain a SUNY Potsdam identification card.This is available in the PACES Business Office in Merritt Hall.
- Talk to your supervisor about your job duties and expectations.This includes reviewing your training and development plan.
- Obtain keys and/or key card access.Your supervisor will request this for you and you will receive notification from the Physical Plant when the keys can be picked-up.
- Partner with a mentor or buddy.Talk with your supervisor to see if there are a few fellow employees your supervisor would suggest you get to know.Make a point of introducing yourself to those people this first week and see if you can meet them for coffee or a walking break.
- Obtain important contact information.Ask your supervisor for a list of the most commonly occurring questions in your office and make sure you have contact information for the people who can help you with these questions.
- Take a campus tour.Visit the many wonderful sites and buildings on the SUNY Potsdam campus.You may want to bring a campus map with you.
Helpful Resources For Management/Confidential Staff