Student Learning Outcomes Assessment
Provides resources for Department Assessment Coordinators to complete Planning and Reporting Templates.
Assessment of student learning outcomes at SUNY Potsdam involves the systematic and thorough collection of direct and indirect evidence of student learning; at multiple points in time; and in various situations; using a variety of qualitative and quantitative evaluation methods that are embedded in courses, programs and overall institutional processes.
Questions regarding specific Department or Program student learning outcomes should be directed to the Chair or Coordinator of Assessment for each Department or Program.
Department/Program Student Learning Outcomes Assessment Reports
- SUNY Potsdam School of Education's Assessment Report Of Student Learning Outcomes Plan using New York State Teacher Certification Examinations (NYSTCE)
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness: Research and Assessment, is sponsoring a mini-grant program for Departments and Programs to enhance and improve their assessment of student learning outcomes plans and processes. Specifically, the mini-grant program has been designed to:
- Enhance and support a culture of assessment at SUNY Potsdam by encouraging collaboration, research and scholarship that focus on the teaching-learning process.
- Encourage and support faculty involvement in the assessment of student learning process.
- Encourage the use of assessment results to improve programs and individual student learning.
- Encourage the development and implementation of improved assessment instruments and/or assessment activities where assessment data reveals that students are not meeting achievement standards for specific outcomes included in the Department/Program Student Learning Outcome Assessment Plans.
Provides information regarding the activities of the Campus Academic Assessment Committee (CAAC).
Provides information, assessment data, analysis and "closing the loop" activities for General Education Assessment Planning. In accordance with policy for the SUN Assessment Initiative, student learning outcomes for each of the Gen Ed designators are assessed in three year cycles.