You are here
Instructions for the Purchase of Goods at BJ’s
When purchasing goods from BJ?s Wholesale Club in Massena the following procedures must be followed in order to ensure reimbursement is processed promptly and correctly:
- All purchases should be encumbered as a reimbursement through a requisition signed by your department head. Item and purpose should be described in the body of the requisition for all purchases.
- BJ?s purchases are limited to $500
- Bring the requisition to the Purchasing and Payables Office. We will check your account for funding and verify the reasonableness of the purchase, then give you a tax exempt form and a reimbursement form along with the BJ?s membership card. All purchases must be for business use and not personal.
- BJ?s does not accept purchase orders, hence when making purchases at BJ?s personal funds must be used. These funds will be reimbursed to the employee.
- After completing the purchase return to the Purchasing and Payables Office the Acknowledgement of Receipt form and a completed reimbursement justification form using the following information.
- Social Security Number
- Address (either home or campus-your check will be mailed to the address you provide)
- Description of what is being purchased
- Sign and date the reimbursement form
- Signature of Department Head
- The receipt from BJ?s must accompany the reimbursement form. New York State will not pay a reimbursement that does not include a receipt.
- The Purchasing and Payables Office will process the reimbursement when we receive the above forms with the correct information. You should receive your check in approximately two weeks.
- The College has only one membership card. Please return within two (2) business days so others have the opportunity to use it.