- Submit completed and approved Travel Requisition to Purchasing and Payables, 415 Raymond Hall. Since you are traveling outside of New York State the Vice President for your area needs to sign the Travel Requisition.
- Do you need a Travel Advance? This can be used for registration fees, along with International Per Diem Allowances. Fill out the Request for Travel Advance and submit to Purchasing and Payables a week prior to your trip. We will let you know when your check is ready for pick up ($400.00 maximum).
- Does your lodging cost more than the State allows? International Per Diem Rates. If so, you must fill out an Over the Maximum Justification prior to your trip and submit it to Purchasing and Payables, Raymond 415, for approval.
- Have a safe trip. SAVE all receipts and be sure to present your NYS Tax Exempt Form for all qualified transactions.
- After your trip is done, complete a Travel Expense Claim Form, being sure to include Departure and Return Date and Times.
* If your receipts are in foreign currency; write that amount on the Travel Voucher, noting the foreign currency.
- Overnight with a lodging receipt:
- Overnight without a lodging receipt: Per diem Allowance (includes lodging and meals)
- Outside of New York State - $ 50.00
- Mileage Reimbursement: Enter the number of miles traveled, multiplied by the mileage rate.
- Incidental Expenses: Receipts are required for all incidental expenses. List the description of each expense and enter the total expense in the appropriate space. (May include tolls, parking, taxi, bus, subway, business calls, etc.).
- Total all travel expenses and carry Total Travel Expenses to 2) Summary. Subtract B,C, and D to determine Total Amount To Be Reimbursed to Traveler.
- Attach all related receipts.
- Payee’s Certification and Submission: Please sign and date and obtain your supervisor’s signature with date.
You have now completed your Travel Voucher.
If you claimed personal car mileage, you must also submit a Statement of Automobile Travel form. Attach it to your Travel Voucher, and send both along with your receipts to the Purchasing and Payables Office, 415 Raymond Hall.
If a State Vehicle was used for your trip, your paperwork is now complete. Send your Travel Voucher with your receipts to the Purchasing and Payables Office, 415 Raymond Hall.
If you have any questions regarding policies and procedures in advance of your travel we encourage you to contact us at 267-2143. We can guide you through the requisition and reimbursement processes, ensuring timely and complete reimbursement of all qualified expenses.