When purchasing goods from Walmart in Massena, Potsdam or Ogdensburg the following procedures must be followed in order to ensure reimbursement is processed promptly and correctly:
- All purchases should be encumbered as a reimbursement through a requisition signed by your department head. Item and purpose should be described in the body of the requisition for all purchases.
- Bring the requisition to the Purchasing and Payables Office. We will check your account for funding and verify the reasonableness of the purchase, then give you a tax exempt form and a reimbursement form. All purchases must be for business use and not personal.
- Walmart does not accept purchase orders, hence when making purchases at Walmart personal funds must be used. These funds will be reimbursed to the employee.
- After completing the purchase return to the Purchasing and Payables Office the Acknowledgement of Receipt Form and a completed Justification Form using the following information.
- Social Security Number
- Address (either home or campus-your check will be mailed to the address you provide)
- Description of what is being purchased
- Sign and date the reimbursement form
- Signature of Department Head
The receipt from Walmart must accompany the reimbursement form. New York State will not pay a reimbursement that does not include a receipt.
The Purchasing and Payables Office will process the reimbursement when we receive the above forms with the correct information. You should receive your check in approximately two weeks.