Instructions for the Purchase of Goods at Walmart
When purchasing goods from Walmart in Massena, Potsdam or Ogdensburg the following procedures must be followed in order to ensure reimbursement is processed promptly and correctly:
- All purchases should be encumbered as a reimbursement through a requisition signed by your department head. Item and purpose should be described in the body of the requisition for all purchases.
- Bring the requisition to the Purchasing and Payables Office. We will check your account for funding and verify the reasonableness of the purchase, then give you a tax exempt form and a reimbursement form. All purchases must be for business use and not personal.
- Walmart does not accept purchase orders, hence when making purchases at Walmart personal funds must be used. These funds will be reimbursed to the employee.
- After completing the purchase return to the Purchasing and Payables Office the Acknowledgement of Receipt Form and a completed Justification Form using the following information.
- Social Security Number
- Address (either home or campus-your check will be mailed to the address you provide)
- Description of what is being purchased
- Sign and date the reimbursement form
- Signature of Department Head
The receipt from Walmart must accompany the reimbursement form. New York State will not pay a reimbursement that does not include a receipt.
The Purchasing and Payables Office will process the reimbursement when we receive the above forms with the correct information. You should receive your check in approximately two weeks.