All final grades should be submitted via the web on BearPAWS at http://bearpaws.potsdam.edu.
Special Notes and Helpful Hints:
- Please review our grading policies.
- Do not use the "Back" button on your browser when grading, or your grades may not be properly saved. Instead click on"Return to Menu" at the top right of the page.
- We suggest that you print your final grades rosters and check them against your grade books for accuracy. You can also print a roster with your final grades from the Potsdam Class Roster/Excel Download screen, but the grades for withdrawn students will be blank until after the final grades submission deadline.
- If any students have been attending your class whose names do not appear on your roster, they will need to apply for a late add through Tammy Durant in the Student Success Center (non-Crane students) or Glenn Guiles in the Crane Advising Office. If students are allowed to add the course, their names will appear on your roster so you can assign them a grade.
- If students have stopped attending your class without explanation, assign them the grade they have earned. If a student never attended, please submit a 0.0 grade. This will prompt the student to apply for a late drop, late withdrawal or emergency withdrawal as appropriate.
- Incompletes (INC grades) are to be given only to students who have requested them for valid emergency reasons, and arrangements for completing the course requirements should be made in advance and forwarded to the appropriate dean's office.
Ten Simple Steps to Submit Your Final Grades:
- We recommend that you use Internet Explorer as your web browser when accessing BearPAWS for faculty with PC computers and MAC's with up to Operating System X.3. With new MAC's, use Safari for accessing BearPAWS. If you experience any browser problems, please contact the Helpdesk at 267-2083 for assistance.
- Log in to BearPAWS .
- Click on "Faculty and Advisors" to get to "Faculty Services" then click on "Final Grades".
- Under "Term Selection", choose the term from the pull-down menu, and submit it.
- Under "CRN Selection", choose a course from the pull-down menu, and submit it.
- On your Final Grades roster, use the pull-down menu to the right of each student's name (initially set to "None") to choose a grade.
- Submit a grade for each student - check to make sure no student is left with "None" as their grade.
- Click on the "Submit" button at the bottom of the roster to save your grade(s). Note: If your roster goes onto more than one page (more than 25 students), submit your grades for the first page before clicking on the next one, or your first page grades will be deleted.
- When you want to input grades for another class, click on the "CRN Selection" link at the bottom of the roster page. Select and submit your next course, then click on "Final Grades" again.
- Be sure to log off of your BearPAWS account by clicking the "EXIT" button to prevent unauthorized access to confidential information.
Please Do Not Be Late In Submitting Your Grades! The names of any faculty who have not electronically submitted their grades by the deadline will be forwarded to the appropriate Dean's office, for assistance with collection. If an emergency occurs that will prevent turning your grades in on time, please contact the Registrar's Office immediately.
Thank you for your help in making web grading a success!