You are here
Class Roster (for Secretaries)
View and print class rosters through the "Class List/Excel Roster Download" screen on BearPAWS .
We recommend that you use Internet Explorer as your web browser when accessing BearPAWS. If you use another browser and experience difficulties on BearPAWS, please try using Internet Explorer instead.
Faculty are encouraged to check their class rosters often, especially during the early weeks of each semester, to check if students have dropped, withdrawn or failed to officially register for the class.
Note: this report shows the current grade of the student (including changes, S/U, etc.) not what was originally reported by the facutly member.
- Log in to BearPAWS. Enter your user ID (your social security number or Potsdam ID "P-number") and your PIN, which initially is set to the last six digits of your P-number.
- Under "Main Menu" click on "Admistrator and Staff Reports".
- Click on "Potsdam Class Roster/Excel Download".
- Under "Select Term" choose and submit the term appropriate for the course. You also can print rosters with or without grades for courses that were taught in past semesters.
The "Class List/Excel Roster Download" screen will be displayed.
- The first block allows you to submit a different term.
- The second block allows you to select the format for the roster either to "View/Print from browser" or as a "Microsoft Excel File". To print rosters for faculty or to check enrollment for a course, choose the first option. The Excel File options allows faculty to set up an Excel spreadsheet for grading purposes.
- The third block allows you to choose the options you wish to include on the roster(s).
- The fourth block displays a row of 10 empty boxes into which you can type the five-digit CRN's of the courses you want rosters for. Regular teaching faculty instead will see check boxes for each of the courses they are teaching/have taught in the chosen term. Department Chairs and Deans will see both the check boxes for their own courses and the 10 empty boxes to enter the CRN's of their choice.
Enter the CRN's for the courses whose rosters you wish to view or print then click on the "Begin Download" button. You will see the rosters of the course(s) you have chosen. To print these rosters, use your internet browser's print function. Each roster will print on a separate page.
To view/print additional rosters or return to the menu, click your internet browser's "Back" button to return to the roster screen.
Be sure to log off of your BearPAWS account by clicking the "EXIT" button to prevent unauthorized access to confidential information.