You are here
The mission of the Registrar's Office is to support the mission and goals of SUNY Potsdam, in particular to support its excellent instructional programs leading to baccalaureate, master's and continuing education opportunities in the arts and sciences and selected professional disciplines, and to foster the education of students as individuals and members of society with sensitivity to cultural diversity and global awareness.
Specifically, the office contributes to the goals of the College by providing information and services to students, parents, faculty, staff and outside parties relating to:
- course scheduling, registration, enrollment, grading, academic records, degree completion, readmission, TAP certification and in-state residency,
in a manner that is:
- courteous: treating all persons in a respectful, friendly, and professional fashion; listening attentively to questions and taking the extra step to help them find an answer;
- accurate: taking care to insure the integrity of all data entered into the college's records/data system, and to correct any errors discovered;
- efficient: processing requests in the most timely way consistent with policy and accuracy; reviewing systems to improve processes, workflow and office teamwork;
- cost-effective: seeking ways to make the best use of resources and reduce costs such as replacing mailings with web site notifications and printable forms;
- accessible: working to produce information in the most user-friendly and easily available form, such as posting information on the web site or on BearPAWS and BearDeN;
- confidential: insuring that sensitive student and faculty records are always protected from release or display to unauthorized persons or agencies.
Reporting to the Provost, the major cyclical activities of the Registrar's Office include:
- coordinating and publishing the Schedule of Classes;
- registering students for spring and fall semester classes;
- processing and posting course grades;
- auditing degree requirements and verifying graduation;
- producing academic transcripts and diplomas.