You are here
Previously Withdrawn or Leave of Absence
The following procedures apply to those who were previously matriculated at SUNY Potsdam and who desire undergraduate readmission (whether they have attended another institution or not):
- Students seeking readmission must first fill out a Readmission Application. Applications require Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Undergraduate Readmission Application
Applications may be faxed to (315) 267-2157 or mailed to Office of the Registrar, SUNY Potsdam, 44 Pierrepont Ave, Potsdam, NY 13676
- Students who have not completed degree requirements within six years of matriculation must pursue requirements as stated in the Undergraduate Catalog in effect at the time of readmission. Therefore, a reevaluation of your major and general education requirements may be necessary. You will be informed in writing about the requirements to be completed and this information will be valid for one year.
- Send official transcripts from any other colleges attended (if applicable). Your application may be delayed until all transcripts are received.
- Any "holds" (ie: financial, student conduct, overdue books, parking fines, etc.) on a student record must be cleared before readmission can be considered. You will be notified of the hold(s) and your application will be held until your responsibility to the College has been satisfied.
- If your application for readmission is approved, you will be notified in writing and receive a packet of information regarding registration.
- Housing information is available online at Residence Life. Meal plans and Bear Express information is available online at PACES.
- You will be assigned an adviser who you will need to contact directly to set up a meeting time to discuss your course schedule for the upcoming semester. Your adviser will then remove your advising hold so you can register online through BearPAWS.
We are pleased you are considering returning to Potsdam. Don't hesitate to contact us if we can facilitate plans for your reentry.
Applications must be completed by July 15 for the fall semester and December 15 for the spring semester.