Note: All holds must be cleared prior to adding a course.
Print your own Add/Drop Form directly from your computer by visiting our Online Forms page.
Adding courses during the Add/Drop week requires you to get the signature of the instructor on an Add Form, then bring the Add Form to the Registrar's Office (8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.) for processing.
The deadline for adding classes is 4:30 p.m. on the last day of the Add/Drop week. Exception: Music ensembles (MUAP and MUCP classes) can be added on BearPAWS until 4:00 p.m. on the last day of the Add/Drop Week.
Note: You can not drop online if there is a hold on your account. You must either clear the hold or visit The Registrar's Office to drop a course.
Students can drop courses on BearPAWS during Add/Drop Week. This feature will be shut off at midnight on the last day of the Add/Drop week.
Certain courses cannot be web dropped:
- FY 100 First Year Success Seminar requires approval of Louise Tyo, Student and Family Transitions.
- Residential Freshman Interest Groups (FIGS) require approval of Amanda Grazioso, Residence Life Office
- Pre-Scheduled Crane Courses must be dropped by the Crane secretary
- Internships require approval of Toby White, Experiential Education Office
- Tutorials/Independent Study require the approval of the instructor
- Cross-Registration courses require the notification of Jan Felt, Registrar's Office
Instructor Drops & Attendance Policy
Students must attend the first meeting of each of their registered classes or contact the instructor within 48 hours of the beginning of the first meeting. If a student misses the first meeting without an explanation, the instructor may choose to drop the student from the section.
Instructors are not obligated to drop students from classes for non-attendance. It is the student's responsibility to drop sections which they do not plan to attend.