What is my transcript?
A transcript is a certified, official copy of your permanent academic record.
The Privacy Act of 1975, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), prohibits us from releasing your academic record to anyone without your WRITTEN permission. Because your legal signature is required, we can accept mail or FAX requests and e-mail requests IF they include your scanned legal signature. We cannot accept phone requests or e-mail requests that do not include a scanned legal signature.
No Transcript fee is not required.
How to Order a Transcript
Transcript Request Form (PDF) (This form requires Adobe Reader)
- In Person: Fill out a transcript request form in the Registrar's Office on the third floor of Raymond Hall between 8 a.m. and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Summer hours 8 am to 4 pm.
- By Fax: Fax a completed Transcript Request Form or written request that includes the information below to (315) 267-2157. A Face sheet is not required when Faxing.
- By E-mail: E-mail a completed Transcript Request Form or written request which includes your scanned legal signature to email@example.com.
- By Mail: Mail a completed Transcript Request Form or written request that includes the information below to: Registrar's Office, SUNY Potsdam, 44 Pierrepont Ave., Potsdam. New York 13676-2294.
If you choose not to print the available form, please include the following information in your request:
- Your name and any other name you may have used while at Potsdam
- Student ID number (or social security number)
- Your current phone number, address and e-mail address
- Addresses where you want transcript(s) to be sent
- Dates of attendance
- Please state if the transcript(s) will be sent to a SUNY School or Community College in New York.
- We send all transcripts unless you specify just graduate or undergraduate
- Please indicate if you want transcript held until current semester grades are posted and /or until the degree is posted.
- Be sure to Sign your request with your full legal name - we are required by law to obtain your signature for each request. Requests with improper or incomplete legal signatures will be returned.
- The Registrar's Office only produces Official Transcripts. Students have access to unofficial transcripts through their BearPaws account.
- Outstanding debts and obligations to the College must be cleared before we can release your transcript
- Transcripts are sent U.S. First Class mail only.
- We Do Not Fax Transcripts
- We Will Process Only 10 Official Transcripts Per Request
- No one else may pick up your transcript without your written permission. If you are authorizing someone else to obtain your transcript, identify by name the person and include your original written legal signature. The person must provide their picture ID to obtain the transcript(s).
Send or fax your request to:
Registrar's Office SUNY Potsdam
44 Pierrepont Ave.,
Potsdam, NY 13676
Fax Number (315) 267-2157