You are here
- The Presidential Scholars application consists of the following:
- An online Information Form to be completed by the student: available at link below; forms may be partially completed and returned to; they include requirements to upload a completed application form and scans of any budgetary support documents.
- An Application Form (Essay, Timeline, and Budget) to be completed by the student: fillable PDF available on OSRC forms wepage; to be uploaded by the student along with the Information Form
- Two letters of Recommendation (one must be your Faculty Mentor): fillable PDF available on OSRC forms page; to be sent by Mentors directly to the Presidential Scholars Committee
- Application forms, information forms, and recommendations are due no later than Thursday, October 11, 2018 (by 4 p.m.). Outdated PDFs or paper forms will not be accepted.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Selection Committee. Selected applicants will be scheduled for interviews. Presidential scholars are chosen only in the Fall.
All forms related to the Presidential Scholars Application process and award disbursement can be found online. View Forms Here
Note about Recommendations: Your application requires two confidential letters of recommendation from faculty members. One letter must be from your prospective Faculty Mentor (or Professional Mentor if you are working with an on-campus staff member or off-campus mentor). Choose recommenders wisely; the best recommendations are those that come from people who know your academic work and potential well, and who are familiar with your proposed project. Please direct your recommenders to use the Recommendation form available online, which must be sent to PresidentialScholars@potsdam.edu by the due date listed above. Questions about the recommendation process may be directed to Bonnie Lawrence at this email address.