You are here
Welcome to On-Campus Living!
We hope your on-campus living experience proves to be a smooth ride throughout your academic career. To help you with any bumps along the way, we've offered you a quick reference guide filled with important information you'll need as a SUNY Potsdam resident.
The residence halls will close at 12:00 noon on Sunday, May, 21st, 2017. Specific closing information is available in the Closing-2017.pdf document and student storage information is available in the StudentSummerStorage2017.pdf document.
Students needing to stay on campus during for the summer should fill out the on-line summer housing form.
For the Fall 2017 semester, New residential students can arrive to campus starting at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, August 25th, 2017. Returning students may return to campus starting on Saturday, August 26th, 2017 after 10:00 am. All students should report to their assigned Residence Hall to check-in and get key(s).
SUNY Potsdam has a residency requirement for new students. Those that enter as new first year students are asked to live on campus for the first 2 years or 4 semesters. More information about this is listed under "Housing Policies".
When students request on campus housing, you are asked to agree to our housing license. The Housing License is for the entire academic year, both fall and spring semesters.
- Suggested items of what to bring (PDF)
- Early Arrival Form - Are you interested in coming back to campus early this semester? Follow the link to the form.
- Housing Exemption/Release Form (PDF) - (Note: the Housing license is binding for the full academic year, both fall and spring semesters.
- Medical Housing Process and Form (PDF) - For students to request consideration to be excused from their housing obligation for medical reasons or who have special housing needs.
- Comfort Animal Form (PDF) - For residential students to request consideration for a comfort animal in campus housing.