You are here
Welcome to On-Campus Living!
We hope your on-campus living experience proves to be a smooth ride throughout your academic career. To help you with any bumps along the way, we've offered you a quick reference guide filled with important information you'll need as a SUNY Potsdam resident.
The Residence Halls will remain open over the semester break for all residential students who lived on campus in the Fall 2017 semester. Student who would like to stay on campus for any part of the break from 12/16/17 to 1/2/18 need to sign up with their Residence Hall Director (RD) to stay. For students who do choose to leave campus for the recess, the following information has been provided to provide guidance on what you should do before leaving campus. Semester Break Closing 2017-2018.pdf
For the Spring 2018 semester, New residential students can arrive to campus starting at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, January 21st, 2018. All new residential students should report to the main Residence Life Office in Draime Hall Extension to get keys.
SUNY Potsdam has a residency requirement for new students. Those that enter as new first year students are asked to live on campus for the first 2 years or 4 semesters. More information about this is listed under "Housing Policies".
When students request on campus housing, you are asked to agree to our housing license. The Housing License (PDF) is for the entire academic year, both fall and spring semesters.
- Suggested items of what to bring (PDF)
- Early Arrival Form - Are you interested in coming back to campus early this semester? Follow the link to the form.
- Housing Exemption/Release Form (PDF) - (Note: the Housing license is binding for the full academic year, both fall and spring semesters.
- Medical Housing Process and Form (PDF) - For students to request consideration to be excused from their housing obligation for medical reasons or who have special housing needs.
- Comfort Animal Form (PDF) - For residential students to request consideration for a comfort animal in campus housing.