Housing & Room Assignments
Returning Student Housing
The returning student housing process is continuing. Please see the General Housing Instructions listed below and follow the steps below:
In order to sign up for housing, returning students need to complete the following steps:
- Pay the required $50.00 deposit - either by cash or check to the Student Accounts Office or by using CASHNet through your ebill on your own BearPaws account.
- Log into your BearPaws account and click on "College Life & Auxiliary Services" link followed by the "Returning Student Housing Preference Selection" link.
- Read and agree to the year-long hosing license.
- Select and submit the housing preference/option you would like for the Fall 2016 semester.
- Print your housing confirmation page.
- Bring your printed housing confirmation page to the Residence Life Office in Draime Hall.
New Student Housing
New students will get housing information through the admissions office. Instructions are also available here. Housing assignments are made based on the date your request housing. Requests for on campus housing are done through your BearPAWS account. Every effort will be made to house students based on their preferences, however, later housing preferences may be more difficult to honor. We will not be able to accept any changes to already submitted roommate requests after June 1st.
All campus residents must have a PACES meal plan. Students who have already met the residency requirement and are living in campus apartments (Lehman North Houses 1 & 2) or Townhouses are exempt from this requirement. First and second year students residing in the Townhouses or Lehman North apartments still need to have a meal plan. Specific questions regarding meal plans should be addressed to the PACES Office at (315-267-2658) in Merritt Hall.
Exemption from Housing
If you would like to live off campus, please fill out the Housing Exemption Form (found on "Residential Living" page).
Special Needs Housing
If you have a condition(s) that require special needs housing, please see the Medical Housing Process and Forms for more information (found on "Residential Living" page).
If you expect to student teach outside of the Potsdam area for part of the 2015-2016 academic year and would like a residence hall assignment for a portion of the year, please indicate this when you sign up in BearPAWS.
Students will be denied access to the housing process on BearPAWS if you have any hold on your student account for any reason. Also, students who have lost their housing priority due to student conduct sanctions will select a room at the end of the housing process on the last night.