You are here
Lehman Hall houses more than 500 students, the majority of whom enjoy suite-style accommodations.
In addition to being a residence hall that is characterized by a majority of suites, Lehman Hall includes the Lehman Dining Center, which features our all-you-care-to-eat buffet dining experience and Hurley's programming space.
What You Should Know About:
The Lehman Complex
- Special Housing:
- The Transfer House: As a transfer student, this area within Lehman North offers programs and support to help you transition to SUNY Potsdam.
- Apartments: Similar to a suite, Lehman North also has apartments that include a full kitchen and its own bathroom with shower. The apartments are available in Houses 1 & 2.
- Suite Description: Each suite includes a living room, bedrooms that lead off from it and some have their own private bathroom.
- Wired, plugged & ready to go: All rooms/suites in Lehman are ready to meet your communication needs, being equipped with cable TV and the Internet access.
- Laundry services: When that dirty laundry begins to block the doorway, never fear: there are fully equipped laundry rooms located on the ground floor of every hall. There is no additional cost for using the washers and dryers as they are already covered by the room charge.
- Vending Machines: Need some Doritos to go with your beef ravioli? For your convenience, several vending machines have been placed within each hall so you can grab a snack-whenever you need one. These operate on your choice of cash or Bear Express.
- Recreation Equipment: Whether you want to grill up some burgers or gain some flexibility with a game of Twister, Lehman Hall has fun recreational extras. This hall currently houses: family sized grill, board games, a rec room, air hockey, foosball table and a lounge complete with a 42" T.V.
- Housing Schedule: The Lehman Quad is open throughout the entire academic year, from opening in August through closing in May. Students who want to stay over Winter/Semester break may need to register with your RD or GA so that your card will be activated for access.
- Co-Ed Housing: The top floor of Lehman South (as well as all suites) features co-ed housing in all suites and double rooms. Any student, regardless of their biological sex, can choose to live together on this floor.
- Storage: Some long-term and summer storage is available on a limited basis. Please contact a residence life staff member for more information.
Quick Reference Guide for Lehman Complex:
|Lehman North||Lehman South|
|Who lives there?
House 1 & 2: Apartments
House 4 & 5: Transfer Students
|Suites available?||Yes, Co-Ed and single sex||Yes, Co-Ed and singe sex|
|Room dimensions||Vary by suite||vary by suite|
|Floor to ceiling dimensions||8 ft. high||8 ft. high|
|Window measurements||Contact Res. Life||Contact Res. Life|