The Townhouse complex features ten two-story buildings that are located between the Maxcy Hall athletic complex and Knowles Hall. Each unit is fully furnished on-campus apartments except for televisions, computers, microwaves, and cooking equipment. The Town Houses are part of the Central Quad along with Draime and Van Housen Halls.
What you should know about:
- Special Housing:
Independent Living: For residents of the townhouses, we offer an independent living environment; it provides all of the conveniences of on-campus living combined with the privacy and independence that many students with substantial college and life experience seek. Town Houses can be single sex or co-ed.
- Description of individual townhouse: Each townhouse is an independent unit that has a kitchen, bathrooms, dining area, living area, patio, and four or five single bedrooms. The kitchen and living areas are on the first floor along with one bathroom (4-person units have a 1/2 bath and 5-person units have a full bathroom) and then upstairs there are four (or five) single bedrooms with 2 full bathrooms. In addition, each unit comes with central air conditioning and heat.
- Wired, plugged in and ready to go! Townhouse rooms are ready to meet your communication needs, being equipped with cable TV and the Internet access.
- Kitchen Facility: Feel like trying out that new Rachel Ray recipe? Whether you want to make chicken cordon bleu or Chef Boyardee, the townhouse kitchen facility is fully equipped to handle it all. The kitchens come with a dish-washer, stove, and full-size refrigerator.
- Laundry services: When that dirty laundry begins to block the doorway, never fear: laundry facilities are available in the central buildings of Townhouse E and F. ID cards are required to access the building.
- Housing Schedule: The Townhouses are open throughout the entire academic year, from opening in August through closing in May. Students who want to stay during the Semester/Winter break need to register with the RD in order to stay and have your card activated for access.
- Storage: Some long-term and summer storage is available on a limited basis. Please contact a residence life staff member for more information.
- What to bring if you're living in a townhouse:
- Dishes (plates, glasses, mugs, pots, pans, bake ware, utensils, mixing bowls, silverware)
- Dish towels & oven mitts
- Cleaning chemicals (dishwasher soap, floor cleaner, bathroom/tile cleaner, etc.)
- Cleaning supplies (vacuum, mop, broom and dust pan, sponge and rags, etc.)
- Small appliances as needed (microwave, toaster, coffee maker, popcorn popper, can opener, mixer, etc.)
- Paper towels/napkins
- Toilet Paper
- Garbage bags