You are here
Your SUNY ID Card
All SUNY Potsdam students, faculty and staff are eligible for a SUNYCard.
The SUNYCard functions as the official College ID and is used to access:
- Meal Plans
- FLEX Dining Credits
- Be-My-Guest Passes
- Bear Express Accounts
- vending machines
- entrance to Residence Halls
- use of facilities in Maxcy Hall
- material sign out in Crane and Crumb Libraries
If you have questions concerning the SUNYCard, contact the SUNYCard Office in Merritt Hall at (315) 267-2658.
Report your card lost or stolen on BearPAWS
- To avoid the possibility of someone else using your card, lost or stolen SUNYCards should be deactivated through BearPAWS. It is the responsibility of the owner to deactivate their card.
- New cards may be obtained at the SUNYCard Office during regular business hours. A non-refundable fee of $10 will be imposed for replacement of lost cards or cards with a new picture. Broken cards are replaced for free.
- When classes are in session, the office is open Monday thru Thursday from 8am until 4:30pm, and until 4pm on Friday.
- PACES is not responsible for purchases made with lost or stolen cards.
Check Balance History, Sign up for Low Balance warning
- Log into sunycard.potsdam.edu with your CCA
- Use left navigation to access low balance menu
To deactivate or reactivate a card:
- Log into BearPAWS
- Click on College Life and Auxiliary Services
- Click on Report lost/found SUNYCard
- Click Inactivate- if reporting card lost
- Click on activate- if reporting card found.
Upload your photo
Log into sunycard.potsdam.edu with your Campus Computer Account name & password.
We need a .jpg image, taken in the last six months, with a plain background and space above your head, showing your neck and shoulders. The image must meet passport photo requirements.
What pose should the photos show?
The photo should show a clear, front view, full face of the customer. The customer should be in normal street attire, without hat or dark glasses against a plain white or off-white background. You should have a natural expression, mouth closed, and eyes open and looking directly ahead. Photos in which the face of the person being photographed is not in focus will not be accepted.
How big should the head be in the photo?
Your head should be centered in the photo, and should not be tilted up, down or to the side. It should cover about 50% of the area of the photo.
Can hats or religious headgear be worn for the photo?
Unless worn daily for religious reasons, all hats or headgear should be removed for the photo. In all cases, no item or attire should cover or otherwise obscure any part of the face. Can eyeglasses be worn for the photo? Eyeglasses worn on a daily basis can be worn for the photo. However, there should be no reflections from the eyeglasses that obscures the eyes.
You must bring a government photo ID to pick up your SUNYCard: Passport, NYS driver's license or original birth certificate.