- ECSO is here to keep English and Communication majors/minors involved in out-of-class activities.
- Introduce non-majors/minors to the department.
- To help students get to know the professors in the English and Communication Department.
- To share the passion and love for grammar, words, and speaking.
- To introduce students to possible careers in the fields of English and Communication.
- To practice many communication skills that will prove helpful in a career.
- To provide a leadership opportunity for all students.
Recent ECSO Activities
- Two yearly book sales. One in the fall semester and one in the spring semester. Books are donated by students and professors.
- Candy-Grams at Halloween. Students buy a bag of candy and fill out a name tag. The candy is then delivered to that student's mailbox.
- A poetry slam held in the Spring Semester. Students come to Dexter's Cafe and read a piece of poetry (either an original piece or one previously written).
- Meet and Greet with the professors of the English and Communication Department. During the Meet and Greet, students get the chance to meet SUNY Potsdam faculty members/professors that they may have in the future.
- End of spring semester picnic with the professors. This is a good way to have fun before exams start and possibly talk to those professors about your marks!
- Guest Speakers. ECSO tries to get authors and speakers to come and talk to students on campus or read some of their work.
Advisor: Nancy Berbrich
Phone: (315) 267-2194
Office: 241 Morey Hall
Club e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Club Office: 229 Morey Hall
9019 Barrington Drive
Potsdam, NY 13676
English and Communication Department Webpage