You are here
Gender & Sexuality Alliance (GSA)
The GSA offers support and understanding to students who are homosexual, bisexual, transgendered, or uncertain about their sexual orientation, as well as their allies. Through a series of meetings, social events, and films, the GSA works to disprove myths about homosexuality and the "gay life-style." Membership is confidential and open to any student.Students are provided with a secure support group and an opportunity to be involved in and promote what they believe in.
Purpose of our GSA
- To provide a support system for families and friends of lesbians, gays, bisexuals, transgenders, and the questioning and their effort in understanding, accepting, and supporting gays, lesbians, bisexuals, transgenders, and the questioning with love and pride.
- To offer support and understanding for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgendered and questioning people.
- To provide education for individuals and the public on sexuality.
- To create internal support for the members to cope with society.
- To advocate to end discrimination and to secure full human and civil rights for lesbians, gays, bisexuals, transgendered, the questioning, and for all people.
- To work to create a society that is healthy and respectful of human diversity.
- To act as a social outlet for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered, and questioning people and friends.
- GSA meetings will be held on Tuesday nights at 7 p.m. on the Second Floor, Sisson Lounge.
Want to get a hold of us?
- Email us at email@example.com