You are here
SUNY Potsdam Math Alliance
Our mission is to spread awareness and appreciation of mathematics across campus in a fun, exciting way. We aim to provide creative and interesting activities for math enthusiasts of all types and knowledge levels and reach out to the wider SUNY Potsdam Community.
- To explore areas of mathematics other than those offered in the mathematics curriculum at SUNY Potsdam.
- To be a forum for any math related subjects and accommodate students of all knowledge levels.
- Spring Pi Day Celebration
- Local Math Conferences: Math Association of America (MAA) and Hudson River Undergraduate Mathematics Conference (HRUMC)
- Origami Nights
- Math Jeopardy
- Who Wants to be a Mathematician? (A spinoff of Who Wants to be a Millionaire?)
- Math Movie Nights
- Semesterly Mixers
- Game Nights
Dr. Derek Habermas, 202B MacVicar Hall
Facebook: SUNY Potsdam Math Alliance
SUNY Potsdam Math Department: http://www.potsdam.edu/academics/AAS/Math/index.cfm
Mathematical Association of America: www.maa.org