Keeping in mind that there are approximately 110 days in the academic semester, the number of meals you choose to have available on your meal plan is an individual decision.
All students who live on campus are required to buy a residential meal plan unless they have satisfied the residency requirement and live in a town house or a Lehman apartment. If you do not select a meal plan, for 2014-15 you will be assigned the 14 Meal plan (14weekly meals and 500 Flex Credits) and billed accordingly.
All campus meal plans are designed to provide a broad range of dining services for our campus customers. In addition to the cost of ingredients and service labor the meal plans must also cover over-head & program expense that have been approved by the PACES Board of Directors.
When choosing what plan is best for you think about how much time you expect to spend away from campus as well as your eating habits:
- Are you a heavy eater or a light eater?
- What is more important to you: maximum value or maximum convenience?
- Where and when will you want to eat your meals?
- Meal Plans for the Fall semester begin with lunch on Thursday, August 28, 2014 and end after breakfast on Saturday, December 13, 2014.
- Meal Plans for the Spring Semester begin with breakfast on Saturday, January 17, 2015 and end after dinner on Saturday, May 16, 2015.
Our meal plans contain three accounts: Meals, Flex Credits and Guest Passes
Meals are allocated per week or semester (depending on the plan.) A meal is one entry to Lehman Dining Center or a $6.25 credit towards purchases made at selected campus restaurants.
Flex is a declining balance account that can be used at any dining location at any time. It is allocated per semester.
Guest Passes are allocated per semester for entry to Lehman. Take a friend to dinner or lunch at Lehman)
Meal plan selection is subject to review and audit by the SUNY Card office and is based on room assignments and completion of the residency requirement. Students who are determined to be in contradiction with these terms will be defaulted to the 2014-15 14 Meal Plan (14weekly meals and 500 Flex Credits)