What To Do If You Suspect You Have Pertussis
- Isolate yourself.
- Don’t go to class.
- Don’t eat in public places. Have a friend pick up your food and bring it to you.
- Wear a mask when you must go into public (the only reason for this would be to see your medical provider or to use the rest rooms)
- Call Student Health Services for an appointment ( 315-267-2377) or see your regular medical provider. If you are thought to have it, make sure Student Health Services knows so that you exposed on campus can be notified.
- If your medical provider recommends getting tested, do it!
- If you are prescribed an antibiotic:
- Take it exactly as prescribed.
- Follow your medical provider’s recommendation for self isolation, if they recommend continuing it.