Non-Motorized Vehicles Policy
Wheeled Vehicle Policy
SUNY Potsdam recognizes that skateboards, rollerblades, bicycles and other wheeled vehicles or devices are legitimate methods of both exercise and transportation. However, some people choose to utilize these items in other than a conventional manner, thereby creating a physical danger to themselves and others as well as hazard to property. In an effort to continue to provide for the open use of College property of these modes of transportation, the following guidelines are adopted:
- Trick or stunt riding is prohibited. Trick or stunt riding is defined as repetitive or competitive moves where wheels leave the surface. Vehicles or devices used in such a manner are subject to impounding.
- No wheeled vehicle or device for personal transportation may be used in any campus building. Wheelchairs and youth strollers are exempt from this provision.
- Skateboards, bicycles, rollerblades and similar wheeled devices are prohibited from any tennis court surface.
- Skateboards and rollerbladers using sidewalks will do so safely and will yield the right of way to pedestrians.
- Skateboards and rollerbladers using campus roadways will travel in the right lane of traffic only, as close to the right hand curb as is feasible and safe.