Parking Ticket Appeals
Any ticket that is issued due to parking violations on the SUNY Potsdam campus, may be appealed through the Parking Appeals Board.
- The appeal may be requested either in person or by written request through University Police, but must be requested within 72-hours after the ticket is received. A hearing date and time will be granted and notification will be sent.
- If a class or work conflict exists during the scheduled hearing time, an adjournment may be granted, if requested at least two hours prior to the hearing.
Instructions for a written Appeal:
- In lieu of appearing for the parking hearing, the defense of the ticket may be presented in either e-mail or written form. The process of requesting an appeal remains the same, however, the actual appeal explanation may be sent by mail to the following address:
SUNY Potsdam University Police Department
Van Housen Ext. 1st floor
44 Pierrepont Avenue
Potsdam, NY 13676
Or e-mailed to: email@example.com
- The e-mail or written explanation will be forwarded to the Appeals Board for review, and must be received prior to the date and time of the scheduled hearing.
- If no explanation of the parking fine is received, the Parking Appeals Board will deem the appellant guilty and assess the maximum fine.
- Faculty, staff, students or visitors that don't pay their parking ticket fines will risk having their vehicle towed at their expense, and will need to pay all outstanding parking tickets before being allowed to park back on campus.