Adult Learner Association
The Adult Learners Association(ALA), also commonly referred to as the Non-Traditional Students' Organization (NTSO) is a diverse group of students brought together by the common pursuit of higher education at SUNY Potsdam.
An Adult Learner (also known as a non-traditional student) is someone who meets one or more of the following criteria:
- 24 years of age or older
- Has had at least a two year break in his or her education OR
- Holds a GED rather than a high school diploma OR
- Is married OR
- Is single with dependents
- To encourage non-traditional students to become an effective and integral part of the college community;
- To serve as an advocate for the special needs of the non-traditional student to the college administration, faculty, staff, traditional students and the local community;
- To initiate programs designed to enhance academic, financial and social opportunities for these students.
Benefits of being a member:
- Having a place to go with Adult Learner Concerns and where you can have a voice on campus.
- Having ASO tutoring available.
- Lockers available in the Adult Learner Lounge in Carson 107 and in Sisson Hall
- Networking with others on campus who may have the same concerns or interests.
- Care and needs of the Carson Adult Learner Lounge North.
Patrick Massaro, Military and Veteran Student Coordinator
128 Sisson Hall