Printer-friendly version

Re-Admission and Moving Forward

Any student who leaves the College and wishes to return must file an Application for Readmission through the Registrar's Office.

Returning to SUNY Potsdam:

You may download the application for readmission (PDF) here or contact the registrar's office to obtain one.

  • Readmission to the Crane School of Music and the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) requires the approval of those specific offices.
  • International students must contact the International Education Office.

If the Application for Readmission form is processed and approved before the designated registration sessions for the semester, the student will be issued a registration appointment time based on the number of credits the student completed.

  • The student is responsible for contacting his/her academic advisor for advisement prior to registration.
  • All College holds must be cleared before the student will be eligible to register.
  • More complete details about registering will be supplied to the student upon readmission through the Registrar's Office.

Finishing my Degree Elsewhere:

Students who are withdrawing in order to complete their degree at another school (or who will be taking courses at another college during a leave and are in the last 30 hours of their degree) must file a Finishing Elsewhere form with the Registrar's Office.

Students who complete coursework at another college are required to have official transcripts sent to SUNY Potsdam.


Registrar's Office

313 Raymond Hall

(315) 267-2154 or email