What is a withdrawal?

A Withdrawal is an official request to leave school for an undetermined amount of time.

Request a withdrawal if you are not planning to return to SUNY Potsdam or if you are uncertain about your future plans.

You should know:

  • If you later decide to return to the College, either contact the Office of the Registrar, (315) 267-2154 to obtain a form or download and fill out an Application for Readmission form (PDF).
  • Return the completed form to the Registrar's office.
  • To be readmitted for a fall semester, the application must arrive by August 7 and to return in the spring, it must arrive by January 7.