You are here
Getting Prepared for Your Advising Appointment
Use this list to prepare yourself for each academic advising appointment:
- Keep important papers like grade reports, transfer credit evaluations, audits, etc. in a safe place and bring them to your appointment. It may even be helpful to prepare a list of questions or concerns before meeting with your adviser.
- Update your General Education Manual Worksheet.
- Check out the College Catalog for major and minor requirements.
- Identify General Education courses you'd like to sign up for. Make sure you have the prerequisites for a course. You don?t want to be in a course for which you aren't ready.
- Consult the Schedule of Classes and write the tentative plan of what classes to take.
- Bring the tentative course plan free of time conflicts to the advising appointment and be prepared to discuss it with an adviser. Also bring a list of alternate courses to choose from just in case.
- Make sure you have cleared any financial or other college holds Before your advising appointment.
- Remember, ultimately you are responsible for checking that the classes taken will satisfy graduation requirements in a timely manner!