You are here
Student Profile & Application
Bridges students demonstrate the potential to succeed at the college level, despite falling slightly below our regular admissions requirements. They are provided an opportunity to come to SUNY Potsdam and flourish academically and personally, with the help of enhanced support services.
Competitive applicants for the Bridges Program have high school averages that range from 78 to 84 and demonstrate their potential for success through personal essays, letters of recommendation, and interviews.
- SUNY Application or Common Application (View Apply Now website)
- Official high school transcript
- Two letters of recommendation which address your work ethic and academic abilities
- Personal essay which addresses how you have overcome challenges and your college goals
- Senior grades
- Admissions committee review (once all of your application requirements are met, your file will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee)
In addition to the requirements listed above, some students may be required to have an on-campus interview, submit a resume, or provide an SAT or ACT score.