You are here
TRIO offers TRIO students one 1-to-1 peer tutor each semester. Our peer tutors must have a overall GPAs of 3.0 and at least 3.3 in the classes they will be tutoring. All tutors go through a mandated tutoring orientation and work closely with their assigned students, the course instructors, and the Tutorial Coordinator.
Peer Content Tutoring
TRIO initially accepts one (1) tutor request from each participant. Requests are accepted starting the beginning of the second week of each semester. Tutor requests are fulfilled subject to tutor availability.
TRIO is unable to provide tutors in the following areas:
- technique courses such as: Art, Dance, Drama, Music and Theatre;
- senior seminar courses in any department;
- cross registration and/or on-line courses offered by another institution.
Resources for Tutors
Being a Tutor: Strategies
- 10 Golden Rules for Being a Good Tutor
- The First Tutoring Session
- Tutoring Adult Learners
- Learning Styles 101
- What is tutoring? SUNY Potsdam Faculty Share their Thoughts (PDF)
- Faculty Expectations of SSS Tutors (PDF)
- What Materials are most useful for tutors to have? (PDF)
- The VARK Questionnaire (PDF)
Lesson Plans and Payroll Schedule
End of Semester Evaluations - Due Friday, May 18, 2018