E-mail Feedback Program
The College Writing Center (CWC) offers e-mail feedback from a tutor on your writing. After you complete one face-to-face appointment, you can use this service. We will e-mail feedback to you within 36 hours on weekdays, IF we have tutors available.
Our Feedback will include:
- A summary of your main point and supporting points, to let you know what’s coming across. A question that helps you to develop your ideas.
- A short list of confusing spots, spots in your draft where tutor got a bit confused or wanted to know more.
- Links to helpful websites for correcting errors in this draft.
Important Reminders: Keep in mind that the CWC is not an editing service. We cannot correct errors for you, but we will help you find what you can improve and point you to helpful resources. Here are three more things you need to know:
- First, we cannot reply to questions about the tutor’s feedback. Please make an appointment in the CWC if you would like to talk further with the tutor.
- Second, we cannot provide e-mail feedback to ESL/EFL writers. If English is not your first language, a face-to-face visit with a tutor will be much more helpful.
- Third, face-to-face conversations are usually more useful to writers than e-mail feedback. Make an appointment in the CWC to get the full benefit of our tutoring service.
Follow These Steps to request feedback on your draft:
- See us once for a face-to-face session.
- E-mail your draft to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “feedback” in the subject line. If you attach your draft, use .docx, .doc, or .rtf files.
- Allow 36 hours during weekdays to get your feedback.
- At the beginning of the draft, state
- Your name and e-mail address
- State the assignment your teacher gave you
- What are your concerns? What do you want us to focus on when we read your draft?
- We will send you an e-mail telling you when to expect feedback. If our schedule is full, we will tell you so promptly.
- Download the Self-editing Guide (PDF). The tutor will refer you to it for revisions.