Merit: Showcasing student achievements
SUNY Potsdam uses Merit to send stories about student success to hometown newspapers, and to create posts that students can share with family and friends. This free social media platform celebrates student achievements, whether you have made the President's List, earned a scholarship or starred in a play.
All student achievements are marked with a SUNY Potsdam badge and pulled together in a Merit profile that can be shared with prospective employers or graduate schools. In addition, family and friends can follow their favorite students and receive emails every time an announcement is sent out about them.
Over the past year, SUNY Potsdam has sent out nearly 5,000 student achievements, including releases to more than 800 newspapers across the United States.
Show your Potsdam pride! Claim your Merit page and spread the good news about your hard work.
- Showcase your college and career-related experiences
- Get recognized by your hometown news outlets
- Create a positive online presence
- Supplement your resume
- Share achievements with friends and family
- Add work and campus achievements and post profile photos
- Connect your Merit page with your LinkedIn profile
- Visit potsdam.meritpages.com and search for your name. You will have a profile if an achievement has been sent out about you.
- Find and click on your name.
- Click on the "Is this you?" link in the top left corner, and enter your @potsdam.edu email address.
Every time SUNY Potsdam sends an achievement announcement through Merit, students will get an email with a link to their profile. If you desire, you can opt out of this service and no announcements will be sent about you. Please note that Merit only has media coverage in the U.S., so for international students (including Canadians), only an online announcement will be posted, which you are free to forward.
For family and friends:
Share the good news about your favorite Potsdam student!
- Get emails every time an announcement is sent out about a student
- Get notifications about which newspapers a release has been sent to
- Share the good news on social media and via email
- Visit potsdam.meritpages.com and search for the student's name. They will have a profile if an achievement has been sent out about them.
- Find and click on the student's name.
- Click on the starred Follow button in the top right corner.
Merit frequently asked questions:
For more information on how to use Merit, visit help.meritpages.com.