Once a document has been uploaded, whether it is a PDF or Word document, you can simply update the existing document when you have made changes. You don't need to re-upload the document, you can simply update the current version. The steps below outline how to update an existing document.
- Once you have logged into the CMS, go to the page where you want to update the PDF or Word document. You will see a pencil icon in the upper right side of the screen:
- If you navigate your cursor over the pencil icon, you will se the
following text, "Click here to open the CommonSpot Entrance Tab". Click on the pencil icon to Open the CommonSpot Entrance Tab. You will then see the following text box:
- Click on 'Work on this Page'.
The upper left half of the page will display the following Toolbar:
- Click on 'Reports' in the gray section of the Toolbar and then click on 'Pages, Templates, Uploaded Docs and Registered URLS..."
The following box will appear (using the Physical Plant website in this example):
You will see all the pages, uploaded documents, registered URLS, etc that exist in the Physical Plant subsite.
- Find the document that you want to update (the Phase I PDF in this example) and click on the Metadata & Security Icon shown below:
- After clicking on the Metadata & Security icon, the following box will appear:
- Select Upload New Version.
- The following box will appear:
- Browse to where the updated version is and then click Save.
- If the title of the old document needs to be changed, click on the Metadata & Security icon again. Select Standard Properties and then you can change the title of the document. In most cases, this will only be necessary if the old version had an older date in the title.