- Log in to BearPAWS
- Click “Student Services and Financial Aid,”
- Click “Registration,”
- Click “Class Search,”
- Select “Spring 2021” and click “Submit”
- Select “Advanced Search”
- Under “Attribute Type” select “Virtual Instruction”
The College Counseling Center remains committed to working with students who are navigating the mental health impacts of their experience. More information can be found here.
There will be several restrictions in the residence halls due to COVID-19. Updated campus policies will be provided to students in the upcoming weeks and will include:
- Per New York State mandates, students will not have to wear a face covering in their room, but you will be required to wear one at all other times. This will include when you are in the hallway, bathroom, or common areas of the residence halls.
- Students will not have card access to all residence halls; your card access will be restricted to the building where you live.
- Students will not be able to have any guests in any part of the residence halls (rooms, common areas, etc). Guests are defined as anyone who is not assigned to live in your room, including other SUNY Potsdam students. This policy may be assessed as the semester progresses, but students should expect that this could stay in place for the entire semester.
- Students who become sick or come in close contact with someone who has become sick should expect to have to temporarily relocate until you are cleared by Public Health. During this time, students will not be able to leave their space for any reason. Food, and other items that a student may need, will be delivered.
In considering activities that can take place, we will continue to follow guidance by NYS and public health. Many traditional activities have been temporarily suspended for the Spring as a result. These include large-scale events, contact-based events, activities that would put people in close proximity with one another not allowing for physical distancing, and student club travel. Many activities will continue to be virtual with limited opportunities for face-to-face activities following health and safety guidelines.
Campus Life will work to support student clubs and organizations to transition the majority of their activities online. To maximize available space and allow students with health concerns to participate, weekly student club/organization meetings will need to be conducted online.
A limited number of small-scale, seated activities may be able to take place in-person indoors or outdoors pending staffing and space availability. Additionally, attendance tracking will be required at all events to support contact tracing efforts if needed and will be limited to SUNY Potsdam students, faculty, and staff. Given this, clubs and organizations should plan to offer as many activities as possible virtually for the spring.
At this time, the following facilities will be closed until further notice: many areas within Maxcy Hall for recreational activities to include the Pool, Ice Rink, Climbing Wall, Racquetball and Squash Courts, and locker rooms as well as Pete’s Place in the Student Union and the Video Gaming Lounge in Lehman. Based on current NYS guidelines, the Fitness Center is currently closed. If permitted to open by NYS, the College will consider options to re-open the Fitness Center with limited hours and safety procedures in place. We anticipate other areas of campus to be available for limited programming. It is expected that competitive, contact-based club sport teams will be able to engage in individual and potentially group based work-outs in a phased approach pending further guidance. Intercollegiate Athletics will follow the guidelines articulated by the NCAA, as well as SUNYAC, NEWHL, and NEAC Conferences in addition to college, state, regional, and federal guidelines. We hope to continue open recreation and open skate in Maxcy Hall starting in mid February with appropriate health and safety measures in place.
The schedule of events is always available on Get Involved at https://getinvolved.potsdam.edu/ - be sure to log in with your Potsdam user name and password to view all features. Events are added on an on-going basis.
PACES is planning to have all dining areas open at this time, but this is subject to change depending on the number of students who return to campus. Expanded grab and go options will be offered and encouraged.
The Bear Shuttle is planned to operate on its regular schedule with appropriate safety measures in place.
Get excited for virtual Winterfest 2021! A wide variety of events will be offered from 2/1-2/14 including a SUNY Potsdam themed Paint & Sip, Beyoncé Trivia Night, Gift Card Bingo, Casino Night, Student Organization Fair, a comedy show, a magician, numerous DIY events (where kits will be mailed to students) and much more! Sign-ups for DIY events are starting now, search for events here: https://getinvolved.potsdam.edu/events. Additional events will be added soon. Students who participate in in 6 events will have the chance to win a $100 gift card – many individual events will feature additional prizes!