SUNY Potsdam cares deeply about every student’s health, well-being and success. So as we approach Thanksgiving Break, we wanted to provide the information you need to finish the semester strong!
Traveling for Thanksgiving Break?
- Don’t forget to take out your trash, turn off your lights and lock your door before you leave!
- Check the weather and road conditions before driving.
- Be diligent in wearing your face coverings on public transit and in public spaces.
Staying for Thanksgiving Break?
- We’re doing everything we can to make everyone feel at home here over break!
- The residence halls remain open for all students over the Thanksgiving Recess who want or need to stay.
- The Thanksgiving Break dining facilities schedule is now available.
- Becky’s Place will be open on Wednesday, Nov. 24 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. You can preorder a Thanksgiving meal for pickup on that day, by emailing email@example.com.
- No dining locations will be open on Thursday, Nov. 25 and Friday, Nov. 26. Students are encouraged to preorder their Thanksgiving meals and stock up at Becky’s Place on Wednesday.
- The Campus Food Pantry will remain open over the break for students.
- Lehman Dining Hall will reopen on Saturday, Nov. 27 with continuous service.
- There are a number of restaurants and grocery stores locally that accept Bear Express. View List
- Kitchens in the Residence Halls will all be unlocked over Thanksgiving break.
- The Bear Shuttle will run every day over break, except for Thanksgiving Day.
Parents, family members and caregivers, if you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us.
No matter where you are…
Don’t forget to take care of yourselves, physically, mentally and academically.
Take care of yourself, physically.
- Stay healthy. Wear a mask in public spaces and while traveling.
- Get tested when you return to campus. This will be required for all students and employees on Monday, Nov. 29.
- Don’t ignore any symptoms, even if they are mild. Even a runny nose can be an indication of COVID-19. If you experience any symptoms, make sure that you get tested and/or let Student Health Services know when you come to testing on Monday.
- If you test positive during the break, call Student Health Services on Monday, Nov. 29 at (315) 267-2377 for further instructions.
Take care of yourself, mentally.
- Make some space for self-care and take time to de-stress.
- With finals approaching, we know stress can run high this time of year. We have counselors and peer counselors available to support you in any way we can during finals week.
Take care of yourself, academically.
- Don’t forget to carve out time for studying and homework during break. Check your due dates to make sure you don’t fall behind!
- Make sure you are registered for classes for next semester. If you haven’t registered yet, don’t wait… Contact your faculty advisor, or make an appointment with our Academic Advising and Support Office. Find out how here.