We provide our students with a comprehensive undergraduate training that gives them the knowledge and skills necessary for a successful career in geology. Our curriculum focuses on practical and topical areas of geology, emphasizes practical and field-based skills, and encourages undergraduate research and faculty-student interaction.
- All core geology classes are offered yearly and schedules are coordinated so that all of the core courses can be completed in two years.
- In addition to traditional core courses, we offer upper-level electives that provide students with skills and knowledge that employers want.
- The department offers a wide range of topical courses that fulfill general education requirements and communicate the importance of our science to the broader academic community.
- B.S. in Geology
- B.A. in Geology
- B.S. in Geographic Information Science
- 3-2 Double Degree Program in Geology, Civil and Environmental Engineering