If you are a student looking for an internship, a faculty member sponsoring an intern, or an employer interested in hosting a SUNY Potsdam student, this is the site for you.
What you need to know:
- SUNY Potsdam's Internship Program is an academic program where students work/intern at companies related to their academic majors.
- Student interns can receive 1-12 credits towards their degree requirements.
- The internship can be paid or unpaid.
- A SUNY Potsdam faculty member will sponsor each intern with the responsibilities of the academic component and awarding a final grade.
Student interns can receive 1-12 credits towards their degree requirements.
Academic Internship Registration Deadlines
Students that are requesting for an academic internship to be registered after the deadlines below must detail your reasons and request late add permission via an email to the Director of Experiential Education, Toby White.
- Summer 2021: Friday, June 11, 2021 by 4 p.m.
Special note for summer sessions: When students register for an academic internship after the first day of classes for the summer session and are not using Financial Aid to pay your tuition and fees, students will be required to pay your total tuition/fees bill to Students Accounts before you are registered for your summer academic internship.
- Fall 2021: Friday, September 17, 2021 by 4 p.m.
- Spring 2022: Friday, February 11, 2022 by 4 p.m.
Behind the Scenes at The Met
As an undergraduate student at SUNY Potsdam, Johnna Bernard ’18 has performed on stage at Carnegie Hall, toured Cuba with the Crane Latin Ensemble and hiked the Camino de Santiago in Spain with the Crane Concert Choir. She is now working as an intern for the Metropolitan Opera National Council in Manhattan—an amazing hands-on experience at the world's most famous opera house.
Morgan Ose '19
Morgan Ose '19 spent the Fall semester of her junior year studying abroad in Ireland, but unlike many programs where students study abroad at a university, Ose had the ultimate applied learning experience by interning at a professional dance theatre in Dublin.