Lougheed Center for Applied Learning
Experiential Education Office
Lougheed Learning Commons 107
Phone: (315) 267-2507
Fax: (315) 267-2811
General Internship Scholarships
Deadline to Apply: Friday, June 17, 2022 by 4 p.m.
View Application Instructions (PDF) before applying below.
All SUNY Potsdam eligible students may apply for the following Internship Scholarships:
- $1,000 Ellen Hughey Reynolds
- $1,000 William N. Sloan
- $1,000 Lambert Eagle
- $500-$1,000 Alumni General (Number of Alumni General scholarships awarded depends on available funds in the General Fund account)
- Internship Enablement Fund
Purpose: Students must secure an off-campus academic internship. Preference will be given to students with financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid Office. Preference will be given to students whose internship provides the most relevant job experience.
- Haden Land Endowed Internship Scholarship (Aerospace and Defense Internship Scholarship)
Purpose: Students must be a major in Computer Science, Mathematics or Informatics Programs-a double major or major/minor combination is encouraged, e.g., CIS/Math.
- Thompson Family Scholarship for Arts Management (Arts Management Internship Scholarship)
Purpose: Students must have a selected and secure an internship placement in Arts Management when applying for this scholarship.
- Dan Hurley Student Leadership Fund Internship Scholarship
Purpose: Students must demonstrate strong leadership qualities by being actively and effectively involved in a SUNY Potsdam organization.
- Kathleen Friery and Bill Ritter Internship Scholarship
Purpose: Student must qualify for junior or senior status at SUNY Potsdam; must have a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale. Preference shall be given to those who best describe in detail how their internship relates to their academic major or degree of study, how their course work relates to their desired internship, what marketable skills they hope to develop through their internship experience, their expected learning outcomes, and the impact the internship will have on their course of study.
- Diana Nole Zinnecker Internship Scholarship
Purpose: Recipient must be a female student majoring in one of the following: a. Computer Science, b. Mathematics, c. Science (Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physics or Geology
- Eileen Goss Whelley Scholarship for Women Leaders
Purpose: Recipient must be a female student and must exhibit leadership qualities; qualities that were proven during her freshman and sophomore years.
- Ronald and Theresa Fishbeck Computer Science Scholarship
Purpose: Recipient must be a Computer Science major with a 3.0 overall GPA and be at least "rising junior" status (i.e must have completed the sophomore year)
- Mary Sellers Morgan '53 and Kenneth T. Morgan Internship Scholarship
Purpose: Student must have a secured academic internship at the Double H Ranch in Lake Luzerne, NY. Preference to education majors.