Lougheed Center for Applied Learning
Experiential Education Office
Lougheed Learning Commons 107
Phone: (315) 267-2507
Fax: (315) 267-2811
General Internship Scholarships
Deadline to Apply: Saturday, February 4, 2022 by 11:59 p.m.
Applications open on Wednesday, November 30, 2022.
All SUNY Potsdam eligible students may apply for the following Internship Scholarships:
- Eileen Goss Whelley Scholarship for Women Leaders
Purpose: Recipient must be a female student and must exhibit leadership qualities; qualities that were proven during her freshman and sophomore years.
- Haden Land Endowed Internship Scholarship (Aerospace and Defense Internship Scholarship)
Purpose: Students must be a major in Computer Science, Mathematics or Informatics Programs-a double major or major/minor combination is encouraged, e.g., CIS/Math.
- Internship Enablement Fund
Purpose: Students must secure an off-campus academic internship. Preference will be given to students with financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid Office. Preference will be given to students whose internship provides the most relevant job experience.
- Kellogg Family Scholarship
- Recipient must have declared a major in The School of Arts & Sciences;
- Recipient must demonstrate a current or previous involvement in an internship or other work experience related to their major or career path while maintaining a full-time academic status;
- Recipient must have strong leadership and citizenship background;
- Recipient must have financial need as determined by the Financial Aid Office; and have at least a GPA of 3.0 or higher (rare exception, as low as 2.7, at the Director of Experiential Education's discretion).
- Lambert Eagle
Purpose: Awarded by the Office of Experiential Education to a student with a minimum GPA of 2.5, who has secured an internship placement of at least 6 credits, and has demonstrated financial need as defined by the Office of Financial Aid. The student must submit an Internship Proposal and Learning Contract along with an application for the scholarship.