What is Student Research?
The AAC&U (Association of American Colleges and Universities) identifies Undergraduate Research as one of ten beneficial High-Impact Educational Practices. The AAC&U's LEAP (Liberal Education and America's Promise) initiative argues that student research is one of three strands of primary and concurrent work that shows how a liberal education helps students meet 21st-century educational standards.
How May Faculty Members Become More Involved in Undergraduate Research on Campus? Collaborate with the ORSC!
- Become a mentor
- Direct tutorials/independent studies
- Sponsor internships
- Employ student research assistants
- Lead a research team composed of students
- Engage in curriculum initiatives
- Develop new departmental honors programs with integrated research requirements
- Design team research projects in a culminating class
- Write a grant
- Include students as RAs
- Serve on the OSRC Advisory Board
- Contact us at email@example.com if you would like to be considered as a board member, or if you have any questions.