You are here
Online & Hybrid Courses
Whether you're on campus or away, SUNY Potsdam's online courses can be taken nearly anytime, anywhere. Led by our own qualified faculty, our online courses take place entirely* online. They offer convenience without sacrificing academic integrity or quality interaction among class participants.
Still need a bit of that face-to-face interaction found in traditional courses? Our hybrid courses offer a mix of online and onsite (on campus) class meetings for subjects that don't quite fit the online-only mode of delivery.
*Exams in online courses may be proctored, requiring students to meet at a designated place and time to complete the exam. See course description/syllabus for more information.
Registering for Distance Learning Courses
SUNY Potsdam students can register for DL courses through BearPAWS:
- Login to BearPAWS
- Choose Distance Learning from the Schedule Type drop-down menu.
- Click Class Search at the bottom of the page to view courses.
Undergraduate non-matriculated or visiting students:
- Go to the Non-Matriculated Undergraduate Admissions web page to access the non-matriculated application
Graduate non-matriculated or visiting students:
- Go to the Graduate Application Process web page and refer to the Non-Matriculated Students section.
Cross-Registered students: Students enrolled at SUNY Canton, St. Lawrence University, or Clarkson University (members of the Associated Colleges of the St. Lawrence Valley) may cross-register at SUNY Potsdam.
- For more information, see Cross-Registration on the Office of the Registrar's web page.
Students enrolled at another SUNY institution who wish to register for an online course should contact the Office of the Registrar.
For more information or to login to Moodle, our Learning Management System, visit Moodle Services and Support.