The purpose of the Friends of New York Scholarship is to recognize the academic abilities of students from the neighboring New England states and the Canadian provinces of Ontario and Quebec, and their potential contributions to SUNY Potsdam and the State of New York. Recipients of the Friends of New York Graduate Scholarship will receive a one-time award of $4,000 over two semesters.
- The Friends of New York Graduate Scholarship is open to all legal residents of the Canadian provinces of Ontario and Quebec, and the New England states of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Vermont.
- Submit a Graduate Student Scholarship or Graduate Student Scholarship for International Students to be considered. Recipients of this award will be notified in writing
- Applicants must apply as matriculated students into a SUNY Potsdam master’s program.
- Applicants to an advanced graduate certificate program are eligible for a one-time award of $2,000 for one semester.
- Applicants must have a bachelor's GPA of B or 3.0 or higher, based on their last 60 credit hours.
- This scholarship is not available to students enrolled in exclusively online graduate programs with discounted tuition.
Terms & Conditions:
- Recipients of this scholarship are required to maintain full-time status (9 credits/semester).
- Recipients of this scholarship are required to maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- The Friends of New York Graduate Scholarship can be applied to summer tuition in programs that offer required courses during the Summer Session.
- Summer Session is considered to be the start of the academic year (e.g., summer, fall, spring).
- Friends of New York Scholarship funding can be applied to undergraduate courses being taken at SUNY Potsdam to fulfill graduate program prerequisites.
- This scholarship can be combined with other graduate funding; however, graduate scholarship funding cannot exceed the cost of tuition.
Applications for the Friends of New York Graduate Scholarship are accepted for summer, fall, and spring.