You are here
(Current/Continuing Students at SUNY Potsdam)
SUNY Potsdam established the GAP Grant to assist selected students in meeting their financial obligation. The grant is not intended to cover a student's entire outstanding bill; rather it is intended to help students construct a viable financial plan to continue their studies at SUNY Potsdam. The GAP Grant is not repaid by the student. The student must apply for the GAP Grant and must have unmet need. The GAP Grant may not be used in conjunction with the Go Further at Potsdam Grant.
To qualify the following criteria should be noted:
- Student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Students applying for a GAP Grant must have unmet need.
- GAP Grant does not represent continuing additional financial support.
- GAP Grant is intended to provide "gap" support and will be between $200 to $800**.
- Students must have an outstanding bill of less than $1,500-$2,000, and the ability to make up the remaining difference.
- Grant recipients must exercise all Federal Loan eligibility (i.e. Stafford and Perkins).
- Must submit the following online application.
** Special Notes
Students who have financial need resulting from significant changes from the fall or spring and possess balances which exceed the Go Further at Potsdam Grant will be reviewed by the Financial Aid Office. Please direct inquiries to a Financial Aid Counselor for a personalized review. Additional documentation, such as tax return transcript or other financial documentation may be required to complete a full evaluation.