The Crane ACDA Welcome Weekend Showcase - Choir, Pop Music, & Disney Trivia Kahoot!
August 29, 2020 06:00 PM to 06:45 PM
Welcome to the Crane ACDA Welcome Weekend Showcase! Thank you for stopping by!
In our showcase, we will be playing a Kahoot game featuring trivia questions pertaining to choir music, pop music, and Disney! You will also get the chance to meet our 2020-2021 Executive Board, learn about what Crane ACDA is all about, and ask any questions you may have about our organization!
Interested in joining? Follow us on social media and/or email an E-Board member for more information!
- Instagram: instagram.com/craneacda
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ACDACrane
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/craneacda?s=20
- Website: https://craneacda.wixsite.com/craneacda
E-Board Contact Information:
- President: Haven Gotham, email@example.com
- Vice President: Dea Ahlgrim, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Donna Zarrabi, email@example.com
- Secretary: Jessica Henry, firstname.lastname@example.org
- PR/Historian: Alexandria Costanza, email@example.com
Our Mission Statement:
The American Choral Directors Association is a nonprofit organization whose mission is "to inspire excellence in choral music through education, performance, composition, and advocacy" (acda.org).
The Crane School of Music student chapter of ACDA is constantly striving to develop the rewarding and exciting opportunities that we provide our members, as part of the national organization as well as contributors to the vibrant choral music education community at Crane. We have sent groups of members to professional development conferences hosted by ACDA across the United States, including Las Vegas in 2015, Boston in 2016, Minneapolis in 2017, and Pittsburgh in 2018. Members also have the opportunity to attend a state or regional conference each year in the New York/New England area.
In addition to professional development away from Crane, we host educational events and workshops, as well as the opportunity to bond and grow as a community of choral musicians and educators in Potsdam. We also like to have fun! Some of the events we have held as a chapter include:
- Conducting workshops
- Campfire bonding
- Reading Sessions
- Presentations by Crane Faculty
- Workshops led by Crane students
- Mentor/Mentee Bingo Night and Photo Contests
- Student Teaching Round-table Discussions
- Mixers with other student professional organizations
- Crane Chorus watch parties (with pizza, of course!)
We hope you'll join us to find a supportive community of peers that will make you feel welcome at Crane and well-prepared to enter the workforce as a first-time teacher! For more information about ACDA as an organization, please visit acda.org
A ZOOM link for this club showcase can be found in the Welcome Weekend schedule in the weekly event email you will receive on Monday, August 24th.