Freewriting for your Professional Growth
February 12, 2019 04:00 PM to 05:30 PM
Explore how private writing strengthens our public writing and supports personal and professional growth. Introduction to using personal, expressive writing as a tool to improve other forms of writing – but also to develop self-awareness and skills that are valuable in your future professional roles. A friendly, interactive session with peers as your guides.
- Recognize the differences between private, personal, and public writing.
- Recognize common formats for private, informal writing.
- Practice a couple of key formats.
- Understand how private, informal writing improves more formal writing.
- Understand how private, informal writing is used by professionals to support continuous individual growth and problem-solving.
- Learn about online resources to support your use of private, informal writing.
Summit Competencies Covered:
Oral and/or Written Communication: Articulate thoughts and ideas clearly and effectively in written and/or oral forms. The individual has public speaking skills, is able to express ideas to others, and can write/edit professional correspondence clearly and effectively.
Professionalism/Work Ethic: Demonstrate personal accountability, effective work habits, and understand the impact of verbal and nonverbal communication on one’s professional persona. The individual demonstrates integrity and ethical behavior, acts responsibly with the interests of the larger community in mind, and is able to learn from their mistakes.
Purposeful & Fulfilling Life: Identify and work toward achieving personal and professional goals.
This workshop counts for Explore Leadership Development OR Expand Your Professional Network, and the From Passion to Action: Writing for Growth & Advocacy Digital Badge.