Online Workshop: Focus 2 Self-Assessment
March 30, 2020 12:00 PM to April 03, 2020 11:45 PM
To complete the Focus 2 Assessment, please go to your first initial in the upper right hand corner of the Get Involved homepage, select "Paths" and go to Explore: Career Management.
This session will be in digital format by completing Focus 2 (an online career exploration and major selection system). This will help students assess, explore, and make decisions related to one’s major (or major of interest) and desired career. The assessments are divided into categories related to work interests, personality, skills, values, and leisure activities. Focus 2 will formulate a list of careers/majors that may be of interest based on the results provided. Participants will have the opportunity to learn extensive details about their desired careers including job related tasks, skills required, work conditions, education requirements, earnings, and even the prospective outlook of the industry.
- Students will be introduced to how to assess, explore, and make decisions related to one’s major and career interests.
- Students will make connections between aspects of their personalities and how they are well suited for their career/major of interest.
- Students will also be introduced to their Holland code (a three-letter code based on dominant career-based personality types).
- Students will explore how their personalities might link with vocational aspirations and skills.
- Students will have the opportunity to learn extensive details about their desired careers including job related tasks, skills required, work conditions, education requirements, earnings, and even the prospective outlook of the industry.
Summit Competencies Covered:
Career Management: Identify and articulate one’s skills, strengths, knowledge, and experiences relevant to career goals, and identify areas necessary for professional growth. The individual is able to navigate and explore career options, understands and can take the steps necessary to pursue opportunities, and understands how to self-advocate for opportunities in the workplace.
This program fulfills the required Career Management competency for the Explore Leadership Development program.