Online Workshop: Power Skills That Employers Are Seeking
May 18, 2020 12:00 PM to June 02, 2020 11:45 PM
To complete the workshop, please complete the following form: https://getinvolved.potsdam.edu/submitter/form/start/398217
In this workshop, students will learn the top 10 power skills that employers are seeking and effective methods to increase these power skills for each participant!
- Students will learn and be able to define EQ (Emotional Intelligence Quotient).
- Students will be able to compare and contrast IQ and EQ in terms of employment.
- Students will be able to compare and contrast hard-skills and soft-skills in the workplace.
- Students will be introduced to and be able to identify the NACE Career Readiness Competencies.
- Students will be introduced to the top 10 soft-skills that employers are seeking from our students.
- Students will be introduced to and be able to incorporate several ways to enhance their individual soft-skills during their undergraduate time at SUNY Potsdam.
Summit Competencies Covered:
Career Management: Identify and articulate one’s skills, strengths, knowledge, and experiences relevant to career goals, and identify areas necessary for professional growth. The individual is able to navigate and explore career options, understands and can take the steps necessary to pursue opportunities, and understands how to self-advocate for opportunities in the workplace.
Purposeful and Fulfilling Life: Identify and work toward achieving personal and professional goals.
This workshop counts for Explore Leadership Development and Expand Your Professional Network & Career Marketability.