You are here
Student Phonathon Positions
Phonathon callers assist the office of College Advancement at SUNY Potsdam with securing annual gifts and pledges for The Fund for Potsdam.
- Build rapport with prospective donors and provide information about SUNY Potsdam
- Obtain gifts and pledges of monetary support
- Update prospect information
- Determine prospect's preferred method of contact
- Fill out pledge form on computer completely and with detail
- Attend training sessions as needed
- Comfortable asking prospects to donate money to SUNY Potsdam, using specific amounts
- Able to focus on multiple tasks
Must be available for a minimum of 3 shifts (Shifts are Sunday-Wednesday, 6-9 p.m. & Sun 1-4 p.m.)
- Able to speak clearly and correctly on the telephone via computer
- Able to portray a positive energy of The Buzz Phonathon and SUNY Potsdam to each prospect
Call interviews will be held Aug. 30-Sept. 12. There will be a lab on September 25, 26, or 27. Calling for The Buzz and Admissions will be conducted Oct. 1- beginning of December if needed. If interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop by Raymond Hall 505 to pick up instructions. You can also download the instructions here (PDF).