Thank you for your interest in our SUNY Potsdam students and alumni. We are proud to share our SUNY Potsdam talent, and hope our students and alumni will serve as successful candidates for your positions.
To circulate a job, internship, or volunteer opportunity, we ask that you make an account on our posting system called HANDSHAKE. Here, you will have the opportunity to tailor your posting and manage candidates applications.
- Register as an employer on Handshake
- Enter your work email address, create and confirm a password, and click Sign Up. Follow the prompts to create your new employer account in Handshake
- Once confirmed, you will receive an email which will include follow-up steps to finalize your account. You will then need to add State University of New York at Potsdam when asked to Connect with Schools
- Sign into Handshake
- Click Post a Job from the home page, OR click Jobs on the left-hand navigation bar, then select Create Job toward right hand corner
- You will be asked to complete 4 steps: Job Basics, Job Details, Job Preferences, and Preview
- Once completed, click Create and your job will be reviewed by our Career Services staff
- Once approved, your students and alumni will now have access to the opportunities you made available!
We offer a variety of FREE services to employers seeking candidates for full-time, summer, part-time and internship positions. Our office is open from Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m with varied hours during summer and academic breaks. We can be reached by phone at (315) 267-2507 or at email@example.com. We invite you to take advantage of the following services:
- Job Posting (See Handshake info above)
- On-Campus Recruiting
- Career or Employer Information
SUNY Potsdam does not discriminate in any aspect of its college life because of race, color, sex, age, religion, marital or veteran status, or non-job related handicap. As a matter of policy, SUNY Potsdam does not do business with employers who do so discriminate.
Information sessions with students and information tables may be arranged to promote your organization or vacancies and meet with students. To engage with our students through a campus visit, please complete the Campus Visit Request form below and we will work with you to plan your visit to campus. Additional questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Ability is an online portal for people with disabilities to find jobs that match those skills from employers who are committed to hiring equity.
- Companies search for qualified candidates and post jobs by subscribing to Our Ability Jobs.
- Candidates create a profile to showcase their employment skills and are shown open jobs that fit their profile.
Find a prospective candidate today! Visit https://www.ourability.com
Our Ability partners with businesses to provide customized, innovative inclusivity, and disability expertise for recruitment, culture, disclosure, and compliance. Our Ability Alliance is the parent organization for Disability: IN New York, which collaborates with employers on increasing employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
Follow Our Ability on LinkedIn.
Career Services is committed to supporting your organization to find talented SUNY Potsdam candidates that can thrive in your organization. If you are seeking support please contact:
Lougheed Center for Applied Learning
Lougheed Learning Commons, Suite 107