Instructions for Off-Campus Employment:
Thank you for your interest in our SUNY Potsdam students and alumni. We are proud to share our SUNY Potsdam talent, and hope our students and alumni will serve as successful candidates for your positions.
To circulate a job posting, we ask that you make an account on our new job posting system called HANDSHAKE. Here, you will have the opportunity to tailor your posting and circulate to specific class years. Candidates can apply directly on Handshake and submissions will sync with your email.
Creating an Account:
- Go to https://app.joinhandshake.com/
- On the left you will see a Welcome to Handshake blue banner. Just click on the Sign up for an Account link at the bottom
- Follow the prompts to create your new employer account in Handshake
- Confirm account through account activation email and follow steps to finalize account to include adding State University of New York at Potsdam when asked to Connect with Schools
Posting a Job
- Login to Handshake
- Click Post a Job from the home page, OR click Jobs on the left-hand navigation bar, then select "Create Job" toward right hand corner
- You will be asked to complete 4 steps: Job Basics, Job Details, Job Preferences, and
- Once completed, click create and our students and alumni will now have access to the opportunities you made available!
Career Services Employer Services
We offer a variety of Free services to employers seeking candidates for full-time, summer, part-time and internship positions. Our office is open year-round from Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. We can be reached by phone at (315) 267-2507 or fax at (315) 267-2811. We invite you to take advantage of the following services:
- Job Posting (See Handshake info above)
- On-Campus Recruiting
- Career or Employer Information
SUNY Potsdam does not discriminate in any aspect of its college life because of race, color, sex, age, religion, marital or veteran status, or non-job related handicap. As a matter of policy, SUNY Potsdam does not do business with employers who do so discriminate.
SUNY Potsdam's graduates enter a variety of fields and there are many success stories amongst the ranks of alumni. Some of the distinguished alumni include well-known author T.C. Boyle, who wrote "The Road of Wellville"; Renee Fleming, famous opera star and member of the Metropolitan Opera; Sandy Feldstein, the CEO of Warner Brothers Publishing; Scott Goodman, CEO of Samson Technologies and C.J. Rapp, founder, and President of Jolt Cola.
Please contact our office to set up a date and the logistics of your recruitment needs. Information sessions with students, as well as information Tables in our Student Union, can be arranged to promote your vacancies and meet with students.
Career or Employer Information
You are welcome to send recruiting literature, annual reports and any audiovisual aids for display in our office. This material is easily accessible to our 4,000 member student body.
Arrange phone, skype/computer, or face-to-face interviews as needed.