You are here
College health educators bring the world of health, wellness and disease prevention to life. On our campus, our health educator puts together an array of passive and active programming that focuses on the needs of our students. She is also responsible for helping students complete judicial sanctions for on-campus alcohol and drug violations.
SUNY Potsdam's Health Educator
Both Kinney’s Drugs Stores in Potsdam participate in this program.
Carry a kit and save a life.
As an academic community, SUNY Potsdam is committed to providing an environment in which learning and scholarship can flourish. The possession or use of illegal drugs, or the abuse of those which may otherwise be legally possessed, seriously affects the University environment, as well as the individual potential of our students and staff. The Federal Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act was enacted to ensure that any institution of higher education that receives funds under any federal program has adopted and implemented a program to prevent the use of illicit drugs and abuse of alcohol by students.
- NYS Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services
- NYS College Prevention Program
- Alcohol Education
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Al-Anon meetings are held on Thursdays at 7 p.m. in the third floor conference room of the Van Housen Extension. This is an open meeting. For more information, please contact Bridget at (315) 267-3676.
- Codependent's Anonymous meetings are held on Mondays at 7 p.m. in the third floor conference room of the Van Housen Extension. For more information, please contact Bridget at (315) 267-3676.
- Narcotics Anonymous
- NYS for Problem Gambling
- Tobacco Independence
- I'm Ready to Quit
- NYS Quitline or 1-866-NY-Quits (1-866-697-8487)
- SUNY Potsdam Intimate Partner Violence Resource Page
- NYS Office for Prevention of Domestic Violence
- Live Your Dream
- Break the Cycle
Diseases and Conditions
- Centers for Disease Control
- Flu Prevention
- Flu Symptoms
- Flu Treatment
- Cold or Flu: What's the difference?
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Zika Virus
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Genital Herpes
- PEP for HIV prevention
- HIV Care
- Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
- Other STIs
- Be An Organ Donor
- Pregnancy Prevention: Comparing Methods of Birth Control
- Dorm Room Workout
- Mental Health Resources